Friday, October 25, 2013

25 October 2013

When Kieren emailed me today she said that next week she should have some pictures she can send along with her letter so that is something great to look forward to! She is still doing well and loves hearing from all of you. Thank you for taking the time to support my sister on your mission, I know she appreciates it and can feel the love. 

Dearest Family and Friends,
 
Sorry for the short letter, I have 5 minuses of email time left...
 
Only 4 days left in the CTM! Woohoo! We leave for the field on Terça-Feira (Tuesday) early in the morning. It has been wonderful here and every day just gets better and better.
 
My teacher, Irmã Jardim, accidentally slammed her hand in the door and had to get a geso (cast) so she will be out the rest of the week. We miss her and hope that you can pray for her this week.
 
My favorite new food of the week was cheese kabobs. They had this breaded cheese on a skewer between pieces of meat and it was great! I also got a recipe from one of the cooks for queijadinhos (little coconut-like muffin things) so I intend to make that in the field.
 
I was reading this week from the Book of Mormon in First Nephi chapters 10 and 11. It is cool how Nephi, when he is asked what he wants by the angel, always knows exactly what to ask for and knows the desires of his heart. God is willing to give us personal revelation and answer our questions, we just have to come to him. Sometimes we have to be specific in order to get specific answers. If we ask for blessings, we will be blessed, but if we ask for specific blessings we will be able to be blessed in specific and meaningful ways. (I especially liked 1 Ne 10:17)
 
I am so grateful to be a missionary and I am so glad to hear from all of you!
 
Love,
 
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment