Thursday, August 7, 2014

7 August 2014

It´s Wednesday! (I forgot to mention that we get to go to the temple today so Pday switched)
Yay for going to the temple!!!! I am super pumped!!!!
So, yesterday we were walking along and trying to find people and visiting some addresses we had and nothing was going right! I was stressed out. We have been coming across a lot of rejection recently, which I can deal with, I think I was more worried about how we were going to find people teach because there are only so many houses at which we can knock (like 20) and the rest are apartments, which is significantly more difficult. But anyway, these were all my faithless thoughts and I couldn´t think of any way to be more effective in talking to the people and I was in this state of what can I think of what can I do? I don´t know how to make this all work.

I was right. don´t know how to make this all work, but God does. Our district leader counseled us to say a prayer, and ask for guidance in what to do. We stopped, said a prayer under a lovely tree, and I really asked, out of the sincerity of my heart, to know who to talk to and what to do. I realized that I was depending completely on me. And I´m smart and capable, but not that smart and capable. And in missionary work, no one is smart and capable without God´s help.

The results were incredible. We started going again and I saw a young lady walking our way. I approached her with a  new hope. Miracle! She was really nice and friendly and was headed to work, but said we could visit and she is available weekends. She seemed really interested and was very nice. People! It has been a while since one of these happened! And the first person after the prayer. I think God was trying to say, this is what happens when you trust me. Next, we found a door to knock at! (I think we literally knocked at every house we passed- there is normally a bunch of apartment buildings and every once and a while a house stuck in the middle) and the young man who attended said he lives with his grandma and we can call to see when she will be home so we can visit! Things continued uphill and we were able to teach some lessons finally. It´s amazing how the Lord can turn a situation around. This is truly his work.

It´s good to pray when you have no idea what to do or are at the end of your rope. It is better to pray before that happens, counseling with the Lord so that he can direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6, Alma 37:37) And it is best to always have a prayer in our hearts, and always have our thoughts turned to the Lord, because we know who doesn´t want us to pray.... (2 Ne 32:8-9)
Say your prayers! Not just morning and night, but afternoon as well. And always. And be sincere and trust in the Lord. He knows exactly what he is doing.
Love you!!!
Sister Smith

Also, Nara was traveling the week to Rio and she brought us back the cutest souvenirs! A wall decoration with a princess and our names burned into the wood. Basically she is amazing. Oh and also, her phone got ruined when the tide rose and got her backpack wet, but we didn´t know that so I was super worried because we werent able to get ahold of her for various days, and her doorman said he didn´t see her get back from vacation, and it was already past the day when she was going to get back. BUT! Later that lovely day after the prayer, we got a phone call from an unknown number. It was her! She had gotten a new phone and walked all the way to the mission office (!!!) to get our phone number. And then she called us. She is amazing. 


Random pics from Zone conference:
1. Most of our zone
2. Sister Pikula!!
3. Lunch @ Grelhatos w/ the ladies from our district

No comments:

Post a Comment